Today we welcome Whitney Johnson, CEO and co-founder of the tech-enabled talent development company Disruption Advisors. Whitney is a globally recognized thought leader, keynote speaker, executive coach, and consultant. She is a frequent lecturer at Harvard Business Publishing’s Corporate Learning division. She is also the bestselling author of Disrupt Yourself and Build an A Team. Her latest book is called Smart Growth: How to Grow Your People to Grow Your Company.
In this episode, I talk to Whitney Johnson about business growth. According to Whitney, the development of the individual comes first before the company’s. Growth can be better understood using the S Curve of Learning which has three phases: the Launch Point, the Sweet Spot, and Mastery. By comprehending the cycle of growth, we can find ways to move forward when we feel stuck in both our professional and personal lives. We also touch on the topics of flow, creativity, transcendence, success, and leadership.
- Disruption Advisors
- The S Curve of Learning
- Optimize your team for growth
- Mastery and transcendence
- Peak experience and peak performance
- The S Curve as a retention tool
- Excavating your shadow values
- Grow your people to grow your company
- Create the conditions for growth
- The S Curve is a dopamine management exercise
- When to quit and change careers
- Changing the metrics of success
- Disrupt yourself a little bit everyday