Today we welcome Alisa Cohn to the podcast. Alisa is an executive coach who has worked with C-suite executives at prominent startups such as Venmo, Etsy, and The Wirecutter, as well as Fortune 500 companies such as Microsoft, Google and Pfizer. Her clientele also includes leaders from around the world, including the first female minister of the transition state of Afghanistan and the former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka. She is the author of From Start-up to Grown-up, which won the 2022 Independent Press Award, and the creator and host of a podcast of the same name.
In this episode, I talk to Alisa Cohn about the journey of leadership. Before we can guide others, Alisa believes we need to lead ourselves first. There are days when we don’t feel up to the task, but Alisa gives us practical advice on how to show up on those difficult days. Drawing on her coaching experience with executives, she shares with us that even the most successful entrepreneurs experience imposter syndrome and negative self-talk—but these can be overcome with the right management tools.
- What is executive coaching?
- What makes a great master coach?
- Managing your self
- Combat negative self-talk
- Deal with imposter syndrome
- Leadership is an unnatural act
- The co-founder prenup
- The journey of entrepreneurship
- Three questions for productive meetings
- From Start-up to Grown-up Podcast
- Lead yourself
- The experiences of different leaders
- Alisa’s leadership journey