Today we welcome Martha Beck, who is a New York Times bestselling author, life coach, and speaker. She holds three Harvard degrees in social science. Oprah Winfrey has called her “one of the smartest women I know.” Martha is a passionate and engaging teacher, known for her unique combination of science, humor, and spirituality. Her newest book is called The Way of Integrity: Finding the Path to Your True Self.
In this episode, I talk to Martha Beck about integrity. According to her, we are all born true to ourselves, with our integrity intact. But then we lose sight of who we are because we try so hard to fit into our society. Martha shares advice on how to live authentically in a culture that doesn’t necessarily share the same values as you. We also touch on the topics of neurodiversity, emotions, coaching, and transcendence.
- Martha’s interest in coaching
- Martha’s Harvard degrees
- Science and eastern philosophy
- Writing for Oprah’s magazine
- Regaining our wildness
- The Way of Integrity
- Duplicity is people pleasing
- Inspiration from Dante’s Divine Comedy
- Enlightenment through surrender
- Personal effectiveness
- Suffering is a guidance mechanism
- How Martha left the LDS Mormon Church
- Hold true to your integrity