Today we welcome Dr. Lisa Miller, the founder and director of the Spirituality Mind Body Institute. Her innovative research has been published in more than one hundred peer-reviewed articles in leading journals, including Cerebral Cortex, The American Journal of Psychiatry, and the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She is the New York Times bestselling author of The Spiritual Child and The Awakened Brain.
In this episode, I talk to Lisa Miller about the new science of spirituality. Despite what skeptics might believe, science and spirituality don’t necessarily contradict each other. Lisa’s research has found that humans are born with a natural capacity to connect with the spiritual. By being open to the transcendent, our brains can reap the benefits of resiliency, creativity, and more. We also touch on the topics of neuroscience, existentialism, mindfulness, and empiricism.
- The Awakened Brain
- Conversations with Martin Seligman
- The spiritual child
- Science augments spirituality
- Defining spirituality and devotion
- Personality correlations with spirituality
- A monism approach to consciousness
- Searching for life’s meaning
- Schumann resonances
- Religious war is outdated
- Transcendence is a process
- Meditation practice with Lisa