Today it’s great to have Paige Harden on the podcast. Dr. Harden is a professor of clinical psychology at the University of Texas at Austin, where is the director of the Developmental Behavior Genetics lab and co-director of the Texas Twin Project. Her new book is called The Genetic Lottery: Why DNA Matters for Social Equality.
- Heritability does not imply determinism
- What is the value of the heritability coefficient?
- Nature and nurture are always intertwined
- Genes, giftedness, and responsibility
- Separating individual differences from hierarchy
- Genetics as a tool for social policy
- Have we successfully improved general intelligence?
- Prioritizing self-actualization in education
- Group differences data, racism, inequality
- Anti-eugenics and the great synthesis
- Polygenic scores: evaluations, correlations, and applications