Today we welcome Josh Szeps who is a television, radio and podcast host who shakes up the status quo with his fierce intellect and infectious sense of humor. Josh’s interviews with prominent figures and celebrities like Jane Goodall, Ron Howard, Russel Brand, and Neil Patrick Harris have attracted billions of online views and sold out event tickets. Currently, he can be heard on ABC Radio Sydney and on his award-winning podcast Uncomfortable Conversations.
In this episode, I talk to Josh Szeps about what it means to think freely. In this social media age, it’s become increasingly challenging to become an independent thinker. Our tribal nature and online echo chambers tend to reinforce ideologies we already believe in. Even the way we talk sounds scripted! Josh and I discuss how to genuinely search for truth so we can broaden our worldviews. We also touch on the topics of intersectionality, wokeism, ethics, and racism.
- Are we living in a simulation?
- The clique of provocateurs
- Compromise through conversation
- The excess of wokeism
- Moral foundations and disgust
- Racism in the gay community
- Reverse racism
- Respecting individual identity over group identity
- Should we be proud of intrinsic attributes?
- Scripted ideologies
- How to overcome binary thinking
- Pushing limits through radical curiosity