Today’s episode includes a conversation between Dr. Jordan B Peterson and Dr. Scott Barry Kaufman. Dr. Peterson is professor of psychology at the University of Toronto, a clinical psychologist, and the author of the bestsellers 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos and Beyond Order: 12 More Rules for Life. Note that this episode originally appeared on the Jordan B Peterson Podcast on June 17, 2021.
- Combining cognitive science with the humanistic psychology tradition
- Scott’s experience studying IQ and intelligence
- The link between openness to experience and mystical experiences
- Scott discusses his book Transcend
- Self-actualization and The Big Five personality traits
- Does increased aggression lead to stable human societal hierarchies?
- Jordan and Scott discuss mating patterns among humans
- Sex differences towards abuse of power
- Mentorship and transcendence
- The transition from naivety to cynicism to courage