Today I’m really excited to have Kati Morton on the podcast. Morton is as an entrepreneur, YouTube creator, and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist practicing in Santa Monica, CA. Morton has built a global mental health online community, and is author of the book “Are U OK?: A Guide to Caring for Your Mental Health.”
In this episode we discuss:
- What’s the difference between mental health and mental illness?
- Breaking down the stigma of mental illness
- What should you look for when looking for a therapist?
- What are some warning signs of a terrible therapist?
- What’s the best way to deal with a toxic co-worker?
- What’s the link between vulnerable narcissism and borderline personality disorder?
- How do you know if you need mental help?
- What are some of the most validated forms of therapy available today?
- How do you break up with friends that you’ve outgrown?
- The importance of healthy assertiveness
- How a very small no can equate to a very large yes
- How can you get more mental help when you need it?
This was the first episode of your podcast that I listened to and boy did I pick a good one. I enjoyed Kati’s perspectives from the questions she was asked and I appreciate her approach to trauma specifically. Being someone that’s approaching her late 20s and is only now realizing childhood trauma from when I was 4 or 5, it was deeply validating hearing her example of a child’s perspective on something as simple as yelling and not so much the intensity of the yelling in reality but the intensity of the yelling from the child’s point of view and how that can manifest as trauma. It was a blip of information but such a refreshing thing to hear. There isn’t a lot of talk or information about childhood trauma in that perspective, or at least none that I have been able to find. Thank you for sharing this podcast and I will most definitely be listening again!