Today I’m really excited to have James and Suzann Pileggi Pawelski on the podcast. James is Professor of Practice and Director of Education in the Positive Psychology Center at the University of Pennsylvania where he cofounded the Master of Applied Positive Psychology Program with Martin Seligman. Suzie is a freelance writer, Psychology Today blogger, and well-being consultant specializing in the science of happiness and its effects on relationships and health. Together, James and Suzie are co-authors of the newly-released book “Happy Together: Using the Science of Positive Psychology to Build Love That Lasts”. They also give Romance and ResearchTM workshops together around the world.
In this episode we discuss:
- What people get wrong about relationships
- What the “relationship gym” is
- How to cultivate “Aristotelian love”
- The specific ways positive psychology can help you be happy with a partner
- The role of gratitude in relationships
- How to sustain passion in a relationship