Today we have Robert Greene on the podcast. Robert is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The 48 Laws of Power, The 33 Strategies of War, The Art of Seduction, and Mastery, and is an internationally renowned expert on power strategies. His latest book is The Laws of Human Nature.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is human nature?
- How to transform self-love into empathy
- The deep narcissist vs. the the heathy narcissist
- Abraham Maslow’s encounter with Alfred Adler
- How to confront your dark side
- Returning to your more authentic self
- How people who are one-sided are concealing the opposite trait
- The importance of not taking yourself too seriously
- How to see through people’s masks
- The importance of assessing people’s actions over time
- Why toxic types have a peculiar sort of charm
- Healthy people-pleasers vs. toxic people-pleasers
- How to get in deep contact with your purpose
- The importance of becoming aware of the “spirit of the generation”
- How to confront your mortality and open your mind to the sublime
This is my second attempt at writing this but to be succinct I must commend you on your excellent work at sharing the views and experiences of so many wonderful individuals.
I grew up in a very rural community focused environment but I’m now working for an American Multinational company which is quite different to the extent that I’ve become almost neurotic with the how and why of humans.
This most recent offering is probably the best. Please continue the excellent work
Pat (In the Wild Rugged West of Ireland)
Hi Scott and Robert, this was a great episode and I found it very insightful! I am very inspired by Robert’s insights over his years of writing and research on human nature!